Finding no medical exam life insurance as a former cancer patient is not easy, but is not impossible. You can find life coverage as some plans provide guaranteed acceptability. However, you will have to meet certain standards.
Agencies use a process called underwriting to determine if an applicant is eligible for coverage. As a former cancer patient, meeting the eligibility standards is your greatest challenge. I can say right from the start, that you will not be able to get preferred rates. Most likely an agency will make you pay costly rates as you are considered a high-risk case.
In order to meet eligibility standards, you have to:
- Be cured and show no signs of any cancer symptoms
- Be cured for at least several months or several years (some agencies require 5 years during which you did not followed any cancer treatment)
- Be in a good medical and physical condition
- Be younger than 80 years
An agency will require a detailed medical background check. An agency is interested mostly in the type of cancer you had, its stage and the medical treatment you underwent. If you had a low-risk form of cancer such as prostate, breast or sing cancer and if the cancer was treated early, you have good chances of being accepted for coverage.
Here are some factors that increase your eligibility:
- If you had stage 1 cancer
- If you had breast, prostate or skin cancer
- If you never smoked/took drugs and if you do not drink often
- If the cancer did not spread and affected other organs
- A detailed medical report from your doctor that shows a stable medical condition
- Comparing life insurance quotes and discussing your case with an insurance broker
- Life insurance from your workplace
As a former cancer patient, you have better chances of finding no medical exam life insurance through your workplace. Many group plans do not require any medical underwriting so you can benefit from coverage. Talk with your employer about your insurance options. Most workplaces do not have good life coverage and the benefit will be small.
The price of your life insurance plan will be very high. You should consider buying coverage if your family needs financial protection. If you are retired, a plan should cover your funeral expenses. Make sure you compare quotes to see how much a policy will cost you.
We can help you find life insurance quotes for free. We have helped many former cancer patients find life insurance. Visit us for more information.
Prostate cancer is the most common form of cancer occurring in men. If a woman finds a lump in the breast, she immediately thinks she has breast cancer but if a man begins to urinate more often at night and if he is told by the doctor says that he has an increased prostate, he fears that this gland might develop cancer.
Unfortunately, we do not know the exact cause of prostate cancer, but several risk factors have been identified, i.e., factors that amplify the possibility of developing this disease. Luckily, relatively a lot of these risk factors such as diet can be controlled and influenced by our decisions.
Summarily, some of the risk factors are:
- Age, mainly after 50 years;
- The occurrence of the disease in the family;
- Diet rich in red meat or a high in animal fat.
Experts from the American Cancer Society state that the most important recommendations can be made for those who want to prevent prostate cancer are:
- Choosing foods from plant sources;
- Limit your intake of foods high in fat especially animal food sources;
- Be physically active and maintain your normal body weight;
Avoid or limit alcohol consumption.
Diet and lifestyle regime have important role in the treatment of this disease, based on numerous observations such as the fact that prostate diseases are more prevalent in fat or obese men who eat and drink in excess and have been smoking for many years. These deviations from a balanced lifestyle have risk their relationships with other tumors – breast, colon, liver, pancreas, blood and lymphoid organs. Food low in fat, with little or very little animal protein without excess calories, rich in vegetables and fruits, suppliers of vitamins and detoxifying enzymes can help the body very much and even cure can be achieved.
Prostate cancer can be cured if you take appropriate measures, but what happens if the situation might worsen? By purchasing a life insurance from one of the top rated life insurance companies you can secure your loved ones’ financial future! Visit our website in order to get a life insurance rate quote.